The Players Centre for Performing Arts cares deeply about the health and safety of the community we serve. Our volunteers, staff, patrons, students, and donors need a safe space to perform and enjoy live theatre, and as the first performing arts organization in Sarasota, we are committed to providing that experience to all theatre-lovers.
In order to do so, we have joined our fellow arts and cultural organizations of Sarasota County in implementing new indoor safety measures under the #SafeArtsSarasota initiative.
Therefore, effective immediately The Players Centre will implement the following policy:
• All patrons age 12 and older attending a performance indoors must show either:
◦ A negative PCR COVID-19 test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 72 hours before the time of their performance OR
◦ A negative rapid antigen COVID-19 test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 24 hours prior to the time of their performance. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry.
• Both physical and electronic presentation of documents will be accepted. Photo identification must accompany the presentation of all documents.
• If patrons prefer, CDC or other official vaccination record showing the patrons are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least 14 days since the final dose) may be voluntarily presented at the door as an acceptable alternative to negative COVID-19 test results.
• All patrons age 6 and up, regardless of vaccination or testing status, must wear masks over their nose and mouth at all times while inside a Players Centre venue.
Protocols will be revisited and may be revised based on CDC guidance and the evolving circumstances of the pandemic, including use of additional screening protocols.
The above information, and more specific details about the procedures and expectations from The Players Centre, are available on our website.
By entering any location affiliated with The Players Centre for Performing Arts, facilities, staff, contractors, students, volunteers, and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
If you have any ticketing concerns regarding the upcoming performance season and the protocols in place, please reach out to The Players Centre Box Office at (941) 365.2494, Monday-Friday from 10 am to 5 pm.