Position: Box Office Manager (Full-Time)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervises: Box Office Assistant(s) and Volunteers
This position requires hands-on Box Office duties and the supervision of Box Office volunteers and staff. Duties include but are not limited to providing the highest levels of customer service, conducting maintenance of patron subscribers, soliciting individual and group ticket sales, as well as recruiting, and the scheduling and training of Box Office volunteers. This position is both an on-site and off-site sales position. The Box Office Manager has a close working relationship with the Director of Operations and the Marketing team. Qualifications and other position-related tasks are listed below.
Qualifications & Skills desired:
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in a related customer service position, sales and/or marketing. • Strong customer service skills, suggestive selling, up selling, and ability to increase box office sales through database mining with an emphasis on group sales.
• Management and leadership skills necessary to direct, recruit and train others.
• Ability to complete multiple projects quickly and efficiently.
• Strong organizational skills with computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and data base management. Point of sale “Theater Manager” database training provided but must possess ability to learn programs quickly and train other staff and/or volunteers to use them.
• Diplomatic, tactful, and customer-focused, with a professional phone manner, comfortable to speak to groups and ability to interact with staff, patrons, volunteers and new clients.
• Must project a professional and positive image and be able to take direction and fulfill responsibilities under stress or pressure, with minimal direct supervision.
• Can accommodate a flexible schedule, including ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
40 hours per week
Daily schedule varies depending upon the weekly box office needs.
Salary range: ~$15/hour
Duties include but not limited to:
• Maintain current and solicit new group sales.
• Ensures the Box Office hours are covered during all hours of operations; creates a schedule at least a month in advance for Box Office staff, assistants and volunteers.
• Assist in recruiting, training and retaining Box Office staff and volunteers.
• Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments.
• Sell tickets to all performances; oversee the taking of ticket orders and the processing of routine office functions by staff/volunteers.
• Answer incoming calls and direct to proper party.
• Make outbound calls for sales and service.
• Maintain records of Box Office sales activity including the end-of-day close and preparation of bank deposits.
• Coordinate usher teams for each performance
• Work closely with Head Ushers and serve as liaison between Front of House operations and the Head Usher.
• Assist with all aspects of annual Season Ticket Sales campaign, such as solicitation, processing of orders, record changes, record keeping, and distribution and mailing of processed orders.
• Manage all aspects of Arts Management (AM) system, providing reports of ticket trends, sales volume, etc. to upper management. (Training provided by Director of Operations).
• Provide a monthly report to management that includes, but is not limited to, tickets sales, group sales and yearly comparisons and general progress of the Box Office and volunteer status.
• Solve any last-minute problems that may arise prior to or during a performance to ensure that each patron is provided a positive theatre experience at The Players.
Supplemental information: Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Note: This job description is a generalization is not intended to cover every task but to help set the parameters for this position. The Players believes it is impossible to detail every task that may be required of you as a “Team Player”. As such, there may be times you will be asked to complete tasks not defined specifically in this job description.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Patty Campbell, Director of Human Resources at: email@example.com