Box Office Sales Manager
- Sarasota, FL 34236
- Salary: $30,000.00 to $36,000.00 /year
This position requires hands-on Box Office duties and the supervision of Box Office volunteers and staff. Duties include but are not limited to the maintenance of patron subscribers, individual ticket sales, group sales as well as recruiting, scheduling and training of Box Office volunteers. This position should be considered as both an on-site and off-site sales position with the focus on Group Sales and patron needs. Off-site speaking engagements will be required to recruit group enrollment. This position also includes a close working relationship with the Director of Operations and the Marketing team. This position is considered a “Department Head” reporting directly to the Director of Operations. Qualifications and other position related tasks are listed below.
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum or 4 years of experience in a related customer service position, sales and/or marketing.
- Strong customer service skills, suggestive selling, up selling, and ability to increase box office sales through database mining with an emphasis on group sales.
- Management and leadership skills necessary to direct, recruit and train others to assist in the Box Office.
- Ability to multitask and complete multiple projects quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills with computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and data base management. Point of sale “Theater Manager” database training provided but must possess ability to learn programs quickly and train other staff and/or volunteers to use them.
- Diplomatic, tactful, and customer-focused, with a professional phone manner, comfortable to speak to groups and ability to interact with staff, patrons, volunteers and new clients.
- Must project a professional and positive image and be able to take direction and fulfill responsibilities under stress or pressure, with minimal direct supervision.
- Can accommodate a flexible schedule, including ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
Minimum of 40 hours per week
Hours: Varies throughout season and depending on the weekly box office needs.
Other duties include but not limited to:
- Maintain current and solicit new group sales.
- Ensures the Box Office hours are covered during all hours of operations; creates a schedule at least a month in advance for Box Office staff, assistants and volunteers.
- Assist in recruiting, training and retaining Box Office staff and volunteers.
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments.
- Sell tickets to all performances; oversee the taking of ticket orders and the processing of routine office functions by staff/volunteers.
- Answer incoming calls and direct to proper party.
- Maintain records for Charity Preview Night and Group Sales.
- Maintain records of Box Office sales activity including the end-of-day close and preparing bank deposits.
- Work closely with Head Ushers and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure a full team of ushers are at every show; serve as liaison between Front of House operations and the Head Usher.
- Assist with all aspects of annual Season Ticket Sales campaign, such as Broadway, Summer Sizzler, Backstage at the Players and Charity Preview Night including the solicitation, mailing and processing of orders, changes, record keeping, ticket mailings, and distributing the processed orders during the last show of the season.
- Manage all aspects of Arts Management (AM) system, providing reports of ticket trends, sales volume, etc. to upper management. (Training provided by Director of Operations).
- Provide a monthly board report to management that includes, but is not limited to, tickets sales, group sales and yearly comparisons and general progress of the Box Office and Volunteer status.
- Solve any last-minute problems that may arise prior to or during a performance to ensure that each patron is provided a positive theatre experience at The Players.
Supplemental information: Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Note: This job description is a generalization not intended to cover each task but to help set the parameters for this position. The Players believes it is impossible to detail every task that may be required of you as a “Team Player”. As such, there may be times you will be requested to complete tasks not defined specifically in this job description.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Patty Campbell, Director of Human Resources at: email@example.com